Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft installation

how can I have Microsoft on MacBook pro7,1with macOS high Sierra

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 5:41 AM

6 replies

Mar 24, 2021 11:06 AM in response to Ronasara

Hi Ronasara,

Yes, the statement is correct. Nothing newer than Office 2016 will run in High Sierra. For Mojave or later, you must be using Office 2019 or 365.

MS changed the requirements for the Mac a while back. Only the "last three" major OS releases are supported for whatever version of Office is current. For example, if you were to try and use Office 2019 in High Sierra, you'd get a message the OS isn't supported. That because the last three OS releases are Big Sur, Catalina and Mojave.

By that rule, Office 2019 will be dead for whatever OS Apple releases this fall. It will continue to work in Big Sur, but not what comes next. MS has said there will be at least one more perpetual license release of Office, so expect to see a new version that coincides with the next macOS release later this year.

Mar 24, 2021 11:16 AM in response to Ronasara

Ronasara wrote:

Tim, is that what you wanted to say? I, and many others, have High Sierra installed on an iMac and have Microsoft Office installed and working well. In fact, it just updated half an hour ago.

Yes. I didn't say MS Office could not be run on High Sierra, I said Microsoft no longer sells a version of office that is compatible with High Sierra...

Office 2016 and older are no longer supported or sold by MS.

See Kurt's post above.

microsoft installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.