Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I download the version of Mac OSX I require.

I look after several apple macs, occasionally I have to update computers or rebuild them if the system drive crashes. Due to certain third-party software, we have to use I am often limited to what version I can update to. Using the internet recovery only allows you to install the latest version available for that computer but not the version I require. It is also very slow as there is a lot of data needed to be downloaded.

All I want to do is to have some ready-made USB installers for each OS that the certificate is valid for so that I can get computers running again in a reasonable amount of time

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 5:52 AM

Read the instructions her;

How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support

you will be able to download all OS's from El Capitan to macOS Big Sur

and then build a bootable USB flash drive for each.

4 replies

Mar 28, 2021 8:55 AM in response to Eau Rouge

This link leads to the App Store page for High Sierra. Clicking on the Open button results in a message: "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra.app application is damaged and can't be used to install macOS".

This is also the same error message when I attempt to launch a copy of the full Installer (5.21GB) on my Recovery Disk. Was this installer always broken or has Apple crippled it? Has anyone else have this problem?

TIA.

Mar 28, 2021 9:05 AM in response to StephenWRich

Right you can see the App Store is saying Open, it should say Get or Download.

The error message is misleading the App Store has detected a copy of Install macOS High Sierra.app

somewhere on your mac, usually in the Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac, go back to the App Store High Sierra download page

it will now say Get or Download.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Where can I download the version of Mac OSX I require.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.