Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing OS Big Sur, I cannot add my printer (Epson Stylus NX400)! When, if ever, will software be available to make this printer compatible with Big Sur? I would rather not purchase a new printer.

After installing OS Big Sur, I cannot add my printer (Epson Stylus NX400)! When, if ever, will software be available to make this printer compatible with Big Sur? I would rather not purchase a new printer.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 8:13 AM

Epson released Big Sur drivers for the NX-400 in Nov 2020, and the scanner component in Jan 2021. Did you install these?

Once you have downloaded and installed these drivers, turn on your printer, and visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on the NX400 entry under Printers and select Reset printing system… This will temporarily remove the device entry, and on the re-add panel, you want to reselect the Stylus NX-400 printer driver before re-adding it. Then test print something.

Apple's built-in AirPrint driver support only began with the NX-430 device.

The ICA driver should make the NX-400 visible to Apple's Image Capture scanning software, if not through any additional scanning setup on the Printers & Scanners panel.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 8:13 AM in response to Kayalissimo

Epson released Big Sur drivers for the NX-400 in Nov 2020, and the scanner component in Jan 2021. Did you install these?

Once you have downloaded and installed these drivers, turn on your printer, and visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on the NX400 entry under Printers and select Reset printing system… This will temporarily remove the device entry, and on the re-add panel, you want to reselect the Stylus NX-400 printer driver before re-adding it. Then test print something.

Apple's built-in AirPrint driver support only began with the NX-430 device.

The ICA driver should make the NX-400 visible to Apple's Image Capture scanning software, if not through any additional scanning setup on the Printers & Scanners panel.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.