Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would it be safe to install Internet Explorer on my iMac?

My wife has to research some documents that are only available on Internet Explorer. Would it be safe to install Internet Explorer on my iMac in addition to Safari?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 1:54 PM

Internet Explorer is Not Compatible nor available to Install on macOS Big Sur or for that matter on macOS of almost any version. As Colleague @Ronasara has mentioned there are Others available just be sure it will function on the new Big Sur

6 replies

Mar 24, 2021 4:00 PM in response to Kayalissimo

Internet Explorer has reached end-of-life status with Microsoft. It is no longer included Windows10. There is no option for Internet Explorer on the Mac.

The website your wife uses is the problem. If Internet Explorer is necessary and no other option is viable, I have every version of Windows from Windows XP all the way to Windows 10 loaded on virtual machines and using VMware Fusion, I occasionally use whatever version (usually Windows 7) to check certain browsers, including Internet Explorer.

Would it be safe to install Internet Explorer on my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.