Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, can I use 20W fast charger adapter for charging my Iphone Xr every day? Is it even safe?

Hi, can I use 20W fast charger adapter for charging my Iphone Xr every day? Is it even safe?

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 12:32 PM

It will not harm battery life, but it also won’t charge the Xr as fast as it would charge an iPhone 11 or iPhone 12. It is a “smart” charger; when you plug it in the phone tells the charger what voltage to provide and the charger adjusts its output to what the phone has “requested”. It will only use 12 watts of the 20 watts that the charger is capable of providing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 12:32 PM in response to makhare

It will not harm battery life, but it also won’t charge the Xr as fast as it would charge an iPhone 11 or iPhone 12. It is a “smart” charger; when you plug it in the phone tells the charger what voltage to provide and the charger adjusts its output to what the phone has “requested”. It will only use 12 watts of the 20 watts that the charger is capable of providing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.