Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy: decline a previous app approval

Hi, if I previously approved an app (to try it) and then I decide to remove that app from the child’s phone, how can I decline the previous approval in order to avoid the child to reinstall it without asking the permission?

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 3:01 PM

Thank you, hiding that app helped.

I only thought it could be possible hiding the app from my iPhone (but under my purchases it wasn’t listed, only under child’s account and , as I noticed , I can swipe “hide” only tapping “My Purchases” and not under “Family Purchases”.

So I did the same thing on child’s iPhone and then under “My Purchases” I found that app and hide it successfully.

Thanks again for help! Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 3:01 PM in response to Leanne_68

Thank you, hiding that app helped.

I only thought it could be possible hiding the app from my iPhone (but under my purchases it wasn’t listed, only under child’s account and , as I noticed , I can swipe “hide” only tapping “My Purchases” and not under “Family Purchases”.

So I did the same thing on child’s iPhone and then under “My Purchases” I found that app and hide it successfully.

Thanks again for help! Cheers!

Mar 25, 2021 1:49 PM in response to -Lore-

Hello -Lore-!

We understand you're wishing to remove access to download approved apps on a child device. We're happy to help with additional information.

The process to achieve what you're seeking will be to hide the purchase. If you use Family Sharing and hide a purchase, the app also won't appear in family members' purchases and won't be available for family members to redownload.. Check out Hide purchases from the App Store for steps to complete that process.

Cheers!

Ask to buy: decline a previous app approval

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.