Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want "Notifications" to pop out of the corner when I am working on the Mac

When I am working In LightRoom and other apps on my Mac every third or fourth time I swipe from right to left the "Notifications" panel comes out and then I have to stop what I am doing and close the panel. This is very aggravating. I have eliminated all the widgets but the empty panel still pops out!

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 11:25 AM

Turn off the gesture in the Trackpad System Preferences:

9 replies

Mar 24, 2021 4:22 PM in response to Norton Johnson

Go to system-preferences -> Notifications

Click on each app on the left panel, on the right-panel for that app you can turn off "Allow Notifications" from the top of the right-side panel.

If you want to turn off every single notification (including text messages, phone-calls, etc..) on your Mac, you can simply go to the top of your menubar and select "Do Not Disturb" from the pull-down options (in Big Sur) located on the top-right of your display. That option will literally turn everything off.

I don't want "Notifications" to pop out of the corner when I am working on the Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.