Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fix the "require passcode immediately" glitch

Is Apple addressing the problem with requiring passcode immediately after lock? Or is that a deliberate control issue where Apple just wants us to log in all the time? I'm super frustrated that I can't have at least 1 minute, especially since the lock button is now right where your hand holds the phone, so it just locks while I am using it, then I have to move my hand to get a finger on the touch pad again! It means touch ID simply doesn't work for me AND for lots of people I know too! This is a feature that is NOT user friendly! TOO secure is NOT secure, because now I basically can't use the security feature so I can use my phone!

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 6:51 AM

I'm sorry KitedTim, but it's a glitch if it's perceived as a glitch by users. It's a user interface issue... I don't want to leave my phone always unlocked, but I can't give it to my son without giving him my thumb or forefinger or giving him my passcode. Basically Apple created a new interface that introduced a glitch. A "glitch" is anything that creates a problem with the user interface of the phone and needs to be addressed and fixed. sure it may be a deliberate programming glitch. Users want to set the timeout for fingerprint ID. That's not much to ask, and if it's on purpose, then it's bad customer service. If you tell me there is a reason for this, then I'll listen, but you can't say it's not a glitch when it doesn't serve the users but creates a new problem for us.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2021 6:51 AM in response to KiltedTim

I'm sorry KitedTim, but it's a glitch if it's perceived as a glitch by users. It's a user interface issue... I don't want to leave my phone always unlocked, but I can't give it to my son without giving him my thumb or forefinger or giving him my passcode. Basically Apple created a new interface that introduced a glitch. A "glitch" is anything that creates a problem with the user interface of the phone and needs to be addressed and fixed. sure it may be a deliberate programming glitch. Users want to set the timeout for fingerprint ID. That's not much to ask, and if it's on purpose, then it's bad customer service. If you tell me there is a reason for this, then I'll listen, but you can't say it's not a glitch when it doesn't serve the users but creates a new problem for us.

May 11, 2021 7:44 AM in response to visualjah

Sorry, but that statement is simply ridiculous on its face. A glitch is an error or malfunction. It is not malfunctioning.

It is not a "glitch". It is behaving EXACTLY the way it was designed to behave.

And it's been like this since the introduction of Touch ID on the iPhone 5s in 2013.

If it makes you unhappy, send Apple feedback. https://apple.com/feedback

Fix the "require passcode immediately" glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.