Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download music to my iphone in apple music

I noticed this problem after I tried to put some music files that I had on my mac in my iphone, so I turned sync library option off, put files into my phone, and than I turned sync library on.

After that I tried to download the songs that I used to have on my phone again, but when I press the download button, the download progress circle would fill up but it would't complete. It's just stuck at a state where the circle is full or almost full.

I erased the files that I tried to put into my iphone, tried turning sync off and on again, tried logging off and logging in, turning my phone off and on... but It's still the same.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 1:08 AM

Thank you, I did have to setup as new

I called the apple support and they couldn't figure out what the problem was

and told me to reset without backing up the phone since it seemed that what is causing the problem is also getting backed up

the problem is solved but I had to set up and log in again to all my apps

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 1:08 AM in response to javaliga

Thank you, I did have to setup as new

I called the apple support and they couldn't figure out what the problem was

and told me to reset without backing up the phone since it seemed that what is causing the problem is also getting backed up

the problem is solved but I had to set up and log in again to all my apps

Mar 25, 2021 12:28 PM in response to 기문

If you had Sync Library turned on for both your Mac and iPhone, it should not have been necessary to toggle Sync Library. Did you do this on both your Mac and iPhone? It sounds like you did all the things I would have tried first as well. At this point you may need to backup your iPhone, erase it, and then restore from the backup (or more drastically setup as new).

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Otherwise, if you still need help, contact Apple Support.

I can't download music to my iphone in apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.