Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness app

Is there a fix yet for the activity not syncing with the Fitness app on the iPhone?

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 10:49 AM

I powered down both the watch and phone. Both have the latest OS. None of the Activity data is syncing with the new Fitness app. It does sync with the Health app, but not Fitness. I had months and months of activity data on my phone which is now lost. I thought others had this same problem with the new Fitness app.

problem not solved, clicked by mistake

Fitness app on phone says to start using, set up activity on watch. Activity has been set up and tracking my activity but never syncs with Fitness app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 10:49 AM in response to jdo_apple

I powered down both the watch and phone. Both have the latest OS. None of the Activity data is syncing with the new Fitness app. It does sync with the Health app, but not Fitness. I had months and months of activity data on my phone which is now lost. I thought others had this same problem with the new Fitness app.

problem not solved, clicked by mistake

Fitness app on phone says to start using, set up activity on watch. Activity has been set up and tracking my activity but never syncs with Fitness app.

Mar 26, 2021 10:41 AM in response to bshur

Hey there bshur,

We'd like to help look into what's happening between the Activity and Fitness apps on your iPhone.

Here are a few things we'd like to confirm to move forward:

1. You mentioned that there's some data in Activity not syncing in Fitness, but which exact data? For example: a workout that you completed, calories burned, etc. The more details you provide, the better equipped we'll be to help.
  2. Has a restart of both devices been tried? If not, this link shows how to Restart your iPhone, and this one shows How to restart your Apple Watch.
  3. If you have a compatible iPhone model, the latest version is 14.4.1. You can verify the version number installed within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  4. If you have a compatible watch model, the latest version is watchOS 7.3.2. You can verify the version number installed within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to Update your Apple Watch.

Cheers.

Mar 26, 2021 12:42 PM in response to bshur

Hi bshur,

While the details you provided so far do point towards needing to contact Apple Support, we wanted to provide one more step to try.

As you've already made sure iOS 14.4.1 and watchOS 7.3.2 are installed, the next step would be to unpair your watch/iPhone, then pair them again to test for the same issue over the next 24 hours.

If the issue remains, we recommend contacting Apple Support here: Get Support

Take care!

Fitness app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.