Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL email on I Phone and PC does not synchronize

I have an iPhone SE 2020. I use AOL mail on my PC and on my I Phone. In settings on the I Phone, the mail account is set up as an IMAP account. Here is the issue. When I send an email from my phone it shows up in the "Sent" items on my computer. When I send an email from my computer it shows up in "Sent" items on my phone. But when I delete an email on either device, the deletion only occurs on one device. Can you help me synchronize my I Phone and PC so that deleted mail in one device is deleted in the other?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 2:28 PM

Hi joanbiker,

From our understanding, when deleting an email from the iPhone or the Windows PC, it only deletes on that device. We will do our best to assist. To ensure the correct IMAP settings are on both devices, review this link: Use POP or IMAP to sync AOL Mail on a third-party app or download your email Once there, scroll to the section labeled "AOL Mail POP and IMAP settings". The IMAP settings are listed in the chart.

If this doesn’t work for you, the information below will help us more.

-Which software version is installed on the iPhone SE?

-Which program/app is being used to access the AOL account?

-Have you removed the AOL account from either devices and then added it back?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 2:28 PM in response to joanbiker

Hi joanbiker,

From our understanding, when deleting an email from the iPhone or the Windows PC, it only deletes on that device. We will do our best to assist. To ensure the correct IMAP settings are on both devices, review this link: Use POP or IMAP to sync AOL Mail on a third-party app or download your email Once there, scroll to the section labeled "AOL Mail POP and IMAP settings". The IMAP settings are listed in the chart.

If this doesn’t work for you, the information below will help us more.

-Which software version is installed on the iPhone SE?

-Which program/app is being used to access the AOL account?

-Have you removed the AOL account from either devices and then added it back?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

AOL email on I Phone and PC does not synchronize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.