Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find Password on Incoming Mail Server Settings

I am trying to add my iCloud account on my Gmail App

it asks me the incoming server settings

Can you please help trying to find it on icloud.com?

I already follow the instructions here - Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

But it still saying

Username and Password is incorrect

Where do I find the accurate, and correct password?

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 2:09 AM

Your screen shot shows the primary mail address signed in www.icloud.com is example1@me.com and secondary mail address added as example2@icloud.com

And as per the article Create an email address for iCloud Mail - Apple Support

Note: If you set up iCloud using an Apple ID that ends with @mac.com or @me.com, you don’t need to set up an @icloud.com email address to use iCloud Mail. You already have an equivalent address that ends with @icloud.com.

So enter with account credentials at appleid.apple.com and remove the mail address example2@icloud.com see the section - Delete an additional email address in the article About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

You can add gmail account to iCloud .

Create a gmail account on the web https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en

And add in Mac system preferences > internet account Add an internet account - Apple Support

Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support

Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Support

You can also create a new Apple ID using gmail address from www.icloud.com see the web account section in the article How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

When gmail account is set in Mac and configured with iCloud you don't need to manually add port settings , even you try to add it won't keep all as empty .

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 2:09 AM in response to Calvin_BT

Your screen shot shows the primary mail address signed in www.icloud.com is example1@me.com and secondary mail address added as example2@icloud.com

And as per the article Create an email address for iCloud Mail - Apple Support

Note: If you set up iCloud using an Apple ID that ends with @mac.com or @me.com, you don’t need to set up an @icloud.com email address to use iCloud Mail. You already have an equivalent address that ends with @icloud.com.

So enter with account credentials at appleid.apple.com and remove the mail address example2@icloud.com see the section - Delete an additional email address in the article About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

You can add gmail account to iCloud .

Create a gmail account on the web https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en

And add in Mac system preferences > internet account Add an internet account - Apple Support

Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support

Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Support

You can also create a new Apple ID using gmail address from www.icloud.com see the web account section in the article How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

When gmail account is set in Mac and configured with iCloud you don't need to manually add port settings , even you try to add it won't keep all as empty .

How to find Password on Incoming Mail Server Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.