Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming Android phone texts are being diverted to my email and/or iPad.

i have an android phone and I also have an apple account connected to my email since I have an iPad. Incoming texts from a friend who has an iPhone are not being received on my android phone but rather are being sent to my email address as an attachment or are being received on my iPad as an iMessage. How can I correct this?

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 9:21 PM

Does your friend have your Android cellular telephone number, and are they explicitly sending the message to that telephone number (and NOT one of your AppleID reachable at email addresses like your iCloud email address).

Since you both have apple devices and AppleID accounts, if your friend is sending to your email, their device will default to iMessage as your iPad can receive that. If they specifically send to your cell number (assuming that number was never associated with an iPhone in the past) and have “send as SMS” enabled, it should come through as SMS.

But it will depend on just what they are doing and selecting as the “send” address in their texts to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 9:21 PM in response to Cmont207

Does your friend have your Android cellular telephone number, and are they explicitly sending the message to that telephone number (and NOT one of your AppleID reachable at email addresses like your iCloud email address).

Since you both have apple devices and AppleID accounts, if your friend is sending to your email, their device will default to iMessage as your iPad can receive that. If they specifically send to your cell number (assuming that number was never associated with an iPhone in the past) and have “send as SMS” enabled, it should come through as SMS.

But it will depend on just what they are doing and selecting as the “send” address in their texts to you.

Incoming Android phone texts are being diverted to my email and/or iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.