Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my XR says I have a wifi connection but I can not open any apps that need the internet. All apps say no internet connection. All other devices are working fine

my XR says I have a wifi connection but I can not open any apps that need the internet. All apps say no internet connection. All other devices are working fine

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 7:37 AM

1. Turn OFF any VPN services that you may be using on your iPhone. If you do not use VPN then ignore this one.
  2. Unplug your Wi-FI Router for 40 seconds and then plug it back in to electrical power again. This will reset it. You will not lose any settings on it.
  3. If none of the above work then open Settings ➔ WI-Fi ➔ Tap on the "i" next the name of your Wi-Fi Network that you are connected to and then set Private Address to OFF.

Axel F.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 7:37 AM in response to mr.jim

1. Turn OFF any VPN services that you may be using on your iPhone. If you do not use VPN then ignore this one.
  2. Unplug your Wi-FI Router for 40 seconds and then plug it back in to electrical power again. This will reset it. You will not lose any settings on it.
  3. If none of the above work then open Settings ➔ WI-Fi ➔ Tap on the "i" next the name of your Wi-Fi Network that you are connected to and then set Private Address to OFF.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.