📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

order second iphone

Hi! I just order a new iphone 12 pro two days ago is it possible to order another one for my boyfriend in my account? thank you

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 2:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:54 AM

I am sure Apple would be happy to sell you as many iPhones are you wish to buy. :-D However, you may want to ensure your boyfriend sets one up under his own Apple ID otherwise Apple's system will think it is just one person with two phones and you'll start receiving all his messages, etc. However, you can, if you wish, set up Find My on both devices under your Apple ID and thereby retain ultimate "ownership" of the iPhone. It can be configured for other purposes under his Apple ID. If he is paying for it or you are giving it to him as a gift then just have him set it up completely.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2021 11:54 AM in response to amadina

I am sure Apple would be happy to sell you as many iPhones are you wish to buy. :-D However, you may want to ensure your boyfriend sets one up under his own Apple ID otherwise Apple's system will think it is just one person with two phones and you'll start receiving all his messages, etc. However, you can, if you wish, set up Find My on both devices under your Apple ID and thereby retain ultimate "ownership" of the iPhone. It can be configured for other purposes under his Apple ID. If he is paying for it or you are giving it to him as a gift then just have him set it up completely.

order second iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.