Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac update problems

Hello, I am attempting to update my MacBook Pro in order to download an app but my Mac doesn't show any new updates available. I currently have 10.13.6 installed.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 8:32 AM

You probably have too old of a iMac but check this article out.

https://www.apple.com/macos/how-to-upgrade/

3 replies

Mar 26, 2021 8:40 AM in response to dax129

dax129 wrote:

Hello, I am attempting to update my MacBook Pro in order to download an app but my Mac doesn't show any new updates available. I currently have 10.13.6 installed.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

What exact Mac is this......................................

There are at least 52 models of MBP since they were released in January 2006.

Mar 26, 2021 8:34 AM in response to dax129

You haven't stated what Mac you have. You may be getting the message that there is no update available because your Mac doesn't support the hardware needed to update any further than you already have. Usually, when you get the message that there is no update available, it means that the hardware that your computer has can only support the version that it has installed and that is the highest version available that the computer can run. If you know what version of macOS you want to update to, you can look online and see what the hardware requirements are for that version and you'll be able to see if that's why you aren't getting the ability to update. I imagine that is what the issue is, but like I said, there was no information about the computer you are using.

Mac update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.