Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of a virus on my iPad calendar

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 10:02 AM

Providing that you have not attempted to jailbreak your device - or have bypassed protections by side-loading third-Apps (if you don’t know what this is, then don’t worry about it), then it is highly unlikely that your device will actually have been infected with a virus or other malware.

However, there is one potential source of immediate issues with your iPad that you may need to check - this being for a vulnerability that is often exploited that gives the appearance of a malware infection. This involves your iPad/iPhone Calendar - the symptom being your Calendar appearing to have been populated with regular events that warn of malware infection.

Calendar Infection

Whilst not a malware infection in the traditional sense, if this exploit is observed on your device, it is highly probable that you were manipulated (via a simple click on a website link) into “subscribing” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “adverts” or other warnings. 

If you see this issue, you’ll need to check for what’s out of place...

iOS/iPadOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iOS/iPadOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When/if you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve this specific problem in its entirety.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 10:02 AM in response to thesch

Providing that you have not attempted to jailbreak your device - or have bypassed protections by side-loading third-Apps (if you don’t know what this is, then don’t worry about it), then it is highly unlikely that your device will actually have been infected with a virus or other malware.

However, there is one potential source of immediate issues with your iPad that you may need to check - this being for a vulnerability that is often exploited that gives the appearance of a malware infection. This involves your iPad/iPhone Calendar - the symptom being your Calendar appearing to have been populated with regular events that warn of malware infection.

Calendar Infection

Whilst not a malware infection in the traditional sense, if this exploit is observed on your device, it is highly probable that you were manipulated (via a simple click on a website link) into “subscribing” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “adverts” or other warnings. 

If you see this issue, you’ll need to check for what’s out of place...

iOS/iPadOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iOS/iPadOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When/if you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve this specific problem in its entirety.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.