Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Doc Support

Hello,

I have a full 12 page document that I am trying to take just the last two pages from. Ive looked up directions and watched videos but when opening the thumbnail and selecting a single page, it highlights the entire document leaving me unable to delete the preceding 10 pages or copy the last two.

Please help

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:26 AM

he smallest portion of a Pages document that can be selected by clicking a thumbnail is a Section. Your document, as constructed has only one section.

Insert a Section break at the end of the text on page 10.

Clicking the thumbnail for page 11 or 12 will now select the last two pages. Clicking any thumbnail before page 10 will select the first section (pages 1 to 10).

An alternate method would be to click (in the document) at the beginning of page 11, then without releasing the mouse button, drag down to select all content to the end of page 12. Release the mouse button then press command-C to copy that content to the clipboard.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 11:26 AM in response to Heartfefe

he smallest portion of a Pages document that can be selected by clicking a thumbnail is a Section. Your document, as constructed has only one section.

Insert a Section break at the end of the text on page 10.

Clicking the thumbnail for page 11 or 12 will now select the last two pages. Clicking any thumbnail before page 10 will select the first section (pages 1 to 10).

An alternate method would be to click (in the document) at the beginning of page 11, then without releasing the mouse button, drag down to select all content to the end of page 12. Release the mouse button then press command-C to copy that content to the clipboard.

Regards,

Barry

Pages Doc Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.