Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When connected to CarPlay my phone disconnects from Bluetooth

my iPhone works ok on Bluetooth in my vehicle, when I plug it in to use CarPlay it disconnects from Bluetooth and also I cannot use it on hands free I have to unplug from CarPlay to make a call or receive a call

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:25 AM

Most vehicles when using CarPlay, will disconnect from Bluetooth, since you have to plug the iPhone into the USB connection in the vehicle. This will disconnect the vehicle from Bluetooth, however you should still be able to make calls through CarPlay when you tap on the Phone icon. If not, then it would make me wonder how CarPlay is programmed for your vehicle. When plugged into your vehicle, your controls in the vehicle should still function and allow you to use the phone for calls, messaging and other functions. If not, check with your vehicle manufacturer to help you troubleshoot this problem.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 11:25 AM in response to Paulellis1969

Most vehicles when using CarPlay, will disconnect from Bluetooth, since you have to plug the iPhone into the USB connection in the vehicle. This will disconnect the vehicle from Bluetooth, however you should still be able to make calls through CarPlay when you tap on the Phone icon. If not, then it would make me wonder how CarPlay is programmed for your vehicle. When plugged into your vehicle, your controls in the vehicle should still function and allow you to use the phone for calls, messaging and other functions. If not, check with your vehicle manufacturer to help you troubleshoot this problem.

When connected to CarPlay my phone disconnects from Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.