Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to factory reset without computer?

how do i do a factory reset on an iphone 7 without having a computer?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:58 AM

There is a passcode on this phone and we don't know what it is. Is there anything I could do without a computer?

12 replies

Mar 26, 2021 12:00 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I am fully aware of that, I always restore my own iPhone via my Mac, with Recovery Mode and new IPSW file.

But if you need to restore your iPhone to factory settings and you do not have a computer then my answer is the only solution.

Mar 26, 2021 12:09 PM in response to katimarie90

If this is the code to unlock your iPhone, then you need a PC, or Mac. It must be in Recovery Mode, also a Restore must be made.

If that's the code for your Apple ID you can not remember, then a Restore will not help. The phone will ask for the code for the Apple ID during the setup process.

If you need to make a Restore, follow these steps:

On your computer. If you use a PC, download the latest version of iTunes. It can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. If you are using Mac then you can just get started.

1. Connect your iPhone 7 Plus to your Mac or PC
  2. Quickly press Volume Up
  3. Quickly press Volume Down
  4. Press and hold the Power Button until the phone enters Recovery Mode. You will see a black screen with computer and cable icon.

On your computer. Now you can select Restore.

REMEMBER: Everything on the phone will be deleted.

Mar 26, 2021 11:37 AM in response to katimarie90

On your iPhone, go to:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Delete all content and settings.

Remember to log out of Find My iPhone first. On your iPhone, go to:

Settings -> Apple ID (Your Name) -> Find My.

Log out of Find my iPhone.

how to factory reset without computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.