Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods light stuck on green and won’t pair with devices

My AirPods case is stuck on green and never changes to any other color, even when I take my AirPods out for a few hours and then put them back in to charge. Not blinking green, just straight green. I’ve tried to reset the AirPods, reset my network, turned bluetooth off and on, cleaned the case out, nothing works.

Additionally, my AirPods won’t pair with my devices anymore. My phone just says that the device can’t be found, and when I tell my phone to forget the AirPods so I can add them again, they don’t show up in the list of devices.

This has happened a few times before, and I’ve solved it by putting my AirPods into a friend’s case and then they are able to pair (so seems to be an issue with the case, not the AirPods themselves). But I’m sick of having to do this every few months and would love a permanent fix. TIA

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:49 PM

Hello pointnottaken99,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are looking for some information about the status light on your AirPods case as well as having some issues connecting the AirPods to your device. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, the status light on your AirPods case will show the battery life of the AirPods case, as well as the AirPods themselves. If the lid is open and the AirPods are inside the case, the status light will show the charge on the AirPods. If the lid is open and the AirPods are not in the case, the status light shows the charge of the case. If the light is solid green, it indicates that the battery is charged. You can read more about that in this helpful article:

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life

If you are experiencing issues connecting the AirPods, take a look at the steps outlined in this resource that goes over what to do:

If your AirPods won't connect

We hope this information helps!

Best Regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 1:49 PM in response to pointnottaken99

Hello pointnottaken99,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are looking for some information about the status light on your AirPods case as well as having some issues connecting the AirPods to your device. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, the status light on your AirPods case will show the battery life of the AirPods case, as well as the AirPods themselves. If the lid is open and the AirPods are inside the case, the status light will show the charge on the AirPods. If the lid is open and the AirPods are not in the case, the status light shows the charge of the case. If the light is solid green, it indicates that the battery is charged. You can read more about that in this helpful article:

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life

If you are experiencing issues connecting the AirPods, take a look at the steps outlined in this resource that goes over what to do:

If your AirPods won't connect

We hope this information helps!

Best Regards.

AirPods light stuck on green and won’t pair with devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.