Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

editing voice memo

hi...

i was recording a voice memo and i wanted to edit it, unfortunately the edit option isn't available for one of the voice memos but available for the others and i can't even share it.

i tried to access this voice memo from i cloud as my iphone is backed up but couldn't find it. i wonder why that voice memo is stuck and no editing or sharing can be done for it and how to access it from my lap top

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 6:20 PM

Hi samah117,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about Voice Memos. Rest assured that we'll do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that you are are not getting the option to edit a recording. We recommend updating your iPhone if you haven’t. While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, let us know if you are experiencing the issue on new recordings.

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 6:20 PM in response to samah117

Hi samah117,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about Voice Memos. Rest assured that we'll do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that you are are not getting the option to edit a recording. We recommend updating your iPhone if you haven’t. While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, let us know if you are experiencing the issue on new recordings.

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

editing voice memo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.