Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancelling a declined App Store payment?

I made a purchase within a APP, a game to be exact. I was unaware my paycheck had not been deposited into my account yet, and my payment method was declined. And I cannot download any apps until I verify or change the payment method it says. I’d like to cancel the [Pending] App Store purchase. I have 9$ on my card and the purchase was 25$, hence the card being declined. I have no other payment methods at this time and absolutely need to download a specific app right now. I cannot wait 2 days for check to be deposited

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 6:42 AM

Hi there MichaelDurwin,

From what we can tell, you made an in-app purchase, your payment method was declined, and now you're asking how to cancel the pending charge so you can download apps again. We're glad you've connected with us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some guidance.

"To resolve this, add a new payment method or update the billing information for your current payment method. Your unpaid balance will be charged. Then you can make other purchases and update your apps, including free apps." Have a look at this support article to learn more:

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store

Also, you may find this link helpful:

Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 6:42 AM in response to MichaelDurwin

Hi there MichaelDurwin,

From what we can tell, you made an in-app purchase, your payment method was declined, and now you're asking how to cancel the pending charge so you can download apps again. We're glad you've connected with us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some guidance.

"To resolve this, add a new payment method or update the billing information for your current payment method. Your unpaid balance will be charged. Then you can make other purchases and update your apps, including free apps." Have a look at this support article to learn more:

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store

Also, you may find this link helpful:

Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions

Take care.

Cancelling a declined App Store payment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.