Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleID/iCloud password change with 2fa and single trusted device

I have a current AppleID account, with 2fa enabled and one trusted device (an iPhone) signed in. I want to change the account password and then execute all of the necessary Apple services sign out/sign in cycles to get everything current. I understand the stand alone parts of the process, i.e. the password change part, the 2fa sign in part and the individual services sign out/sign in part, but even after carefully reading everything available, I still find some ambiguities in the end to end process description. I don't want to try to sort this out by experimentation, so would genuinely appreciate any help arriving at definitive answers to the following questions.

1. If I execute the password change and then want to sign out/sign in my sole trusted device (my iPhone), am I limited to SMS via a trusted telephone for obtaining the necessary sign in verification code?
  2. If so, is my iPhone (the account is configured with my iPhone # as a verified trusted telephone) adequate?
  3. If I sign out/sign in my iPhone, is my "Find My" configuration restored with the new sign in credentials or must I reconfigure it?
  4. In any case, Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support, contains the following paragraph -

"If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. It’s one less thing to do, and your account is still protected with two-factor authentication."

What does that word hash mean?

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 9:31 AM

For question one, see if anything here helps.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

For question 2, your iPhone should work.

I would turn off Find My Phone before signing out and then turn it back on after signing in as a precaution.

I don't see the word hash.

Similar questions

1 reply

AppleID/iCloud password change with 2fa and single trusted device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.