Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ring when phone is locked

How or where do I change it so phone will ring when locked? I have a new IPhone 11

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 2:45 PM

I checked all the settings I read about to check as a possible source of the problem, and did not have:

• Do Not Disturb enabled
  • The mute side button on
  • Notifications not set up properly
  • Silence Unknown Callers enabled

After a trip to the Genius Bar, it was fixed by going to Settings>Accessibility>Face ID & Attention and disabling Attention Aware Features. I don't know if I ever enabled that myself or it was enabled in a previous IOS update. I think this is a bug because that is not the expected behavior of this feature.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 2:45 PM in response to patrica209

I checked all the settings I read about to check as a possible source of the problem, and did not have:

• Do Not Disturb enabled
  • The mute side button on
  • Notifications not set up properly
  • Silence Unknown Callers enabled

After a trip to the Genius Bar, it was fixed by going to Settings>Accessibility>Face ID & Attention and disabling Attention Aware Features. I don't know if I ever enabled that myself or it was enabled in a previous IOS update. I think this is a bug because that is not the expected behavior of this feature.

Ring when phone is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.