Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I print to a network printer?

How do I print to my network printer? I don't have AirPrint on my printer. Every other device I have (laptops, phones and tablets) can print to my network printer.

I am not going to purchase a printer just for my iPad. It would be cheaper and easier to replace the iPad. I'd prefer to just get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 10:57 AM

I'm sorry you are having issues, but the iPad has not been designed to print to a hardwired network printer. All iOS devices are designed to print to wireless printers under certain circumstances, but mainly to AirPrint printers. It has been that way from the beginning. While there are many more AirPrint compatible printers than there were in the beginning, printer manufacturers started designing apps that would allow their printers that were not AirPrint compatible to print. However, that still required the printer to be be wi-fi compatible as well. I'm sorry you are disappointed, however you are welcome to provide feedback to Apple if you wish using this link, www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 10:57 AM in response to ooipad

I'm sorry you are having issues, but the iPad has not been designed to print to a hardwired network printer. All iOS devices are designed to print to wireless printers under certain circumstances, but mainly to AirPrint printers. It has been that way from the beginning. While there are many more AirPrint compatible printers than there were in the beginning, printer manufacturers started designing apps that would allow their printers that were not AirPrint compatible to print. However, that still required the printer to be be wi-fi compatible as well. I'm sorry you are disappointed, however you are welcome to provide feedback to Apple if you wish using this link, www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Mar 27, 2021 11:04 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris,

I very much appreciated your help on this, but it turns out that in typical fashion, my iPad isn't compatible with the real world.

I tried a few apps, a couple being HP Smart and Mobile Print. They do not work. The printer is a Samsung SX-4826FN (which is apparently now HP). It's a fantastic printer.

This iPad is the first Apple device I've owned and apart from it being a great drawing tablet and useful for connecting to my family and friends with iDevices using Facetime ...I hate it!! It's awkward as **** trying to get it to connect to anything.

Sorry about the rant, it's just that I've wasted so much time trying to get the iPad to do simple things.

Have an awesome day. :)

Peter

How do I print to a network printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.