Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you allow third party apps to block spam calls by default?

Now it's eather I have to drop and block every spam call manually or I can block all unknown calls and then noone legit can call me. It's not very convenient.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 9:11 AM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2021 1:00 PM in response to eXorr

1. Go to Settings/Phone and you can block all callers not in your contacts. If you regularly get calls that you want from non-contacts this is not a good solution.
  2. There are many apps that can block some spam calls and send them to voicemail. The problem is there is no sure way to identify a spam call, because spammers can fake the number that gets sent as the Caller ID.

Mar 29, 2021 1:12 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I trust database of spammers from Yandex (that's the app I'm using). But I don't think Apple allows 3d party apps to block spam calls. Article from Apple doesn't say that. I tried three apps and they all works the same way - they just adds labels to caller. If Apple do allow 3d party apps to block calls, then probably I should address this question to Yandex.

Can you allow third party apps to block spam calls by default?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.