Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Latency Issues In Logic

This has happened to me twice now in Logic. I'll be working on a project and everything is groovy. The next day when I go back to it all of a sudden I have latency issues when recording that I can't explain. I understand the issues with plug ins, buffer sizes and so on. I've tried muting and disabling all extraneous tracks that I don't absolutely need for recording. If I start a new project, create an audio track there's no latency. The only workaround I've found so far is to bounce the project to an MP3, load that into a new project, record what's needed and then load the new recording back into the original project.

Today I did some googling and found that logic has a low latency mode that disables certain plug ins which works but the only thing it disabled was the reverb I have on a vocal bus the I need cuz I'm recording vocals so that wont work for me.

Rebooting doesn't help either.

I use the Focusrite 2i2 btw. I don't use direct monitoring cuz I route the output of the focusrite to a headphone amp so I can get a bit more volume but if I plug my headphones into the focusrite with direct monitoring on it doesn't help either.

I did not try deleteing the preferences file yet as is suggested in Logic support.

here are screen shots of my preferences.

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 5:34 PM

so I was on the phone with Apple support today. They walked me through deleting the cache files and also reset nvdram or some such thing. That didn’t fix it but I bounced the drums and bass part in place and the latency is gone. I always start songs in GarageBand so the drums and bass had some gb plug-ins that are likely cpu hogs. I plan to replace them with real drums and bass anyway. Lesson learned is to either bounce the gb tracks or replace the plug ins with Logic plug ins.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 5:34 PM in response to tonykraz

so I was on the phone with Apple support today. They walked me through deleting the cache files and also reset nvdram or some such thing. That didn’t fix it but I bounced the drums and bass part in place and the latency is gone. I always start songs in GarageBand so the drums and bass had some gb plug-ins that are likely cpu hogs. I plan to replace them with real drums and bass anyway. Lesson learned is to either bounce the gb tracks or replace the plug ins with Logic plug ins.

Random Latency Issues In Logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.