Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update kills the camera

Hello I have an 2020 SE, with the recent two IOS updates (14.4.1,14.4.2) my camera and flash stopped working. With the last one, I was able to fix it temporarily by restarting it and it eventually it went back to normal. But with the last update, restarting it either dosen't help or the camera works for 2 seconds and just stops. Any advice on how to deal with this bug?

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 8:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give an update, I ended up taking it to get fixed.

They said that the phone no longer recognized the camera and (at least claimed to have) installed a new one.

All I can say is best of luck!

8 replies

Apr 5, 2021 6:07 PM in response to Astro4545

i am also having this issue along with several others including intolerably slow connection and processing. The past two updates are absolute trash and I fully regret my decision to download them. I only went to 14.4.2 hoping it would fix the 4.1 upgrade but nope. Apple is falling apart. What do these updates even do? “Important security update” is not a sufficient description. When Steve died so did this company. It’s a true tragedy.

Update kills the camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.