Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to reinstall Office 2011 on a newly installed MacOS HighSierra? Do I need to install an older OS?

Is it possible to reinstall Office 2011 on a newly installed MacOS HighSierra? Do I need to install an older OS?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:47 PM

Well, what MS means is a lot of security issues have been found after the last update for 2011 was released. Regardless, they stopped supporting Office 2011 quite a while ago, and I also just remembered they shut off the activation servers for it. So even if you did install the software, you wouldn't be able to complete the activation process to use it. In short, it's time to throw the software away.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 1:47 PM in response to carolfromsd

Well, what MS means is a lot of security issues have been found after the last update for 2011 was released. Regardless, they stopped supporting Office 2011 quite a while ago, and I also just remembered they shut off the activation servers for it. So even if you did install the software, you wouldn't be able to complete the activation process to use it. In short, it's time to throw the software away.

Mar 27, 2021 11:42 AM in response to carolfromsd

You can install it, though Office 2011 didn't work well for many users in High Sierra.

I would guess it depends on what features you use. Simpler documents? Probably won't notice an issue. Complex? Might not behave as expected.

Of course, make sure to update it to the last version MS made available. Don't recall if 14.7.7 was the last one, but here's a link for it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55942

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.