Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've removed my email address from the Mail app. How do I clear the storage still used by Mail app on my MacBook?

I no longer want to use the Mail app on my MacBook Pro. I've removed my email address from the Mail app, and removed the Mail app on my Mac from using iCloud. My goal is to free up storage space unnecessarily used - both on my MacBook Pro as well as in iCloud.

However, when I go to Apple > About this Mac > Storage > Manage - my MacBook Pro still indicates that Mail is using 374 MB of storage on my MacBook! Every site I've looked up says that I need to delete my emails in order to free up this space - WHAT??

How do I free up this space from my MacBook (without syncing back to Mail)? Hoping there's a straightforward, simple answer here. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:53 PM

Open Mail.

Choose Trash.

Right click on it and choose Erase "Deleted Items".

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206996

1 reply

I've removed my email address from the Mail app. How do I clear the storage still used by Mail app on my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.