Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Arcade won't launch on Macbook pro M1 2020

I try to play some arcade games on my new macbook pro.

When i launch a game the splash screen shows up after that i return to my desktop and nothing happen.

Everything works fine on my iphone 11 i checked the account and i already tried to run the following command: sudo rm "/var/db/fpsd/SC Info/SC Info.sido"

Any sugestions to get it to work

Cheers Sebastian

MacBook Pro 13″, 11.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 4:36 AM

I managed to solve it, it had to do with Microsoft Company portal.

I found the solution in another thread, pasted the post below:

Superleccy

User level:

Level 1

(9 points)

macOS

Speciality level out of ten: 0

Feb 19, 2021 11:38 PM in response to MaikelV

This is brilliant, thank you. I've never been able to run Apple Arcade games on my Mac unless I created a new user. And I didn't want to do that. And I didn't know what was causing it until now. But you are right. It's Microsoft Company Portal. Sadly, that is an application that I can't do without.

I didn't delete the whole of ~/Library/Caches. I just deleted the folder ~/Library/Caches/CompanyPortalCache. Everything in there was dated as "last modified in 2038". Everything works fine now. Am completely amazed. Thank you.

It is early days, but my corp Microsoft app access via Company Portal still seems to work too. Time will tell if Company Portal and Apple Arcade can continue to coexist side by side.

Thanks again!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 4:36 AM in response to turingtest2

I managed to solve it, it had to do with Microsoft Company portal.

I found the solution in another thread, pasted the post below:

Superleccy

User level:

Level 1

(9 points)

macOS

Speciality level out of ten: 0

Feb 19, 2021 11:38 PM in response to MaikelV

This is brilliant, thank you. I've never been able to run Apple Arcade games on my Mac unless I created a new user. And I didn't want to do that. And I didn't know what was causing it until now. But you are right. It's Microsoft Company Portal. Sadly, that is an application that I can't do without.

I didn't delete the whole of ~/Library/Caches. I just deleted the folder ~/Library/Caches/CompanyPortalCache. Everything in there was dated as "last modified in 2038". Everything works fine now. Am completely amazed. Thank you.

It is early days, but my corp Microsoft app access via Company Portal still seems to work too. Time will tell if Company Portal and Apple Arcade can continue to coexist side by side.

Thanks again!

Arcade won't launch on Macbook pro M1 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.