You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

could not set up apple pay

Hi, I have a problem with my Apple Pay. Whenever I try to set up my Apple Pay on my iPhone XS I cannot because:,,Could not set up Apple Pay`` Did anyone have the same problem? I have watched and searched a lot on YouTube and safari but I cannot find any solution. I am eligible for Apple Pay, I am in supported country but right now I am in different region and I am trying to add card from another region. Could be this the problem? On my Mac with the same Apple ID I can add card but after I do it it says: Try again later. I have been waiting for 2 weeks now but I have the same problem. I have the new MacBook Air M1 and iPhone XS. I don't know what to do and I am really lost. I would like to use Apple Pay but I cannot. Please help.

Thanks.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 2:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 2:56 PM

Yes, that is the problem. you cannot add a card from a different region. You must be physically in the supported region and add a supported card from that region.

1 reply

could not set up apple pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.