Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

In Apple Music (iTunes) I need to deauthorize a computer no longer belonging to me that I no longer have access to. I cannot 'deauthorize all' because I have already done that once this year and it won't let me do it again until January next year. (How crazy is that?) Apple Music tells me I have 2 computers authorised but there seems to be no way of finding out their identities. So how can I deauthorize the computer that I no longer have access to? This seems like a ridiculous situation and I can't understand why Apple make this so difficult.

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 7:29 AM

You've authorized two computers since the reset in January and you've already forgotten which two they were? See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community. You only need to deauthorize one of your old computers if you've used all five authorizations and wanted to add another. In future make a list and remember to deauthorize a computer when you no longer need to access protected media from it.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 7:29 AM in response to buro46_Pete

You've authorized two computers since the reset in January and you've already forgotten which two they were? See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community. You only need to deauthorize one of your old computers if you've used all five authorizations and wanted to add another. In future make a list and remember to deauthorize a computer when you no longer need to access protected media from it.

tt2

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.