Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon printer not showing in Printer System pref pane

Canon Image CLASS LBP6230dw, Mac Mini 10.15.7

I sent a print job to this printer but forgot that I had unplugged its USB cord to use it for something else so I deleted the print job and then plugged the USB cord in. But it would not print. I tried different USB cords, unplugged the printer, restarted the computer, etc. Nothing worked so I did a printing system reset in the Printer System Pref. Pane. Now I cannot add the printer. Nothing shows when I try to add a printer. Thanks for any help.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 10:42 AM

Thanks. I forgot to add in my original post that I did go to Canon and download the printer driver and install and still no joy. But I can't be sure that I downloaded the same one as the one linked in your response. So I just went ahead and downloaded it and it seems to be working again. Not to beat a dead horse and I am no expert but I thought that even without the driver the printer will show up in the window that appears after you click the plus sign on the Printer System Pref. Pane and then you can direct it to the driver (or sometimes it will do it automatically). That was not the case but since it is working I will give you full marks for the solution. : ) Thanks again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 10:42 AM in response to hcsitas

Thanks. I forgot to add in my original post that I did go to Canon and download the printer driver and install and still no joy. But I can't be sure that I downloaded the same one as the one linked in your response. So I just went ahead and downloaded it and it seems to be working again. Not to beat a dead horse and I am no expert but I thought that even without the driver the printer will show up in the window that appears after you click the plus sign on the Printer System Pref. Pane and then you can direct it to the driver (or sometimes it will do it automatically). That was not the case but since it is working I will give you full marks for the solution. : ) Thanks again.

Canon printer not showing in Printer System pref pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.