Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud lock

I have this ipad mini for a while and recently found it, I remember the reason we stopped using it was because of an Icloud lock. My cousin had made a dummy icloud account and had forgotten the password from their the ipad was reset for some reason and the icloud lock popped up now it's completely useless but in good condition

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 10:17 AM

The only way to remove activation lock is to use the credentials that were used to set the iPad up in the first place. You can request help from Apple but you need proof of purchase.

Read this first.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

At the very end of the article, you can start your request to get help from Apple.

If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 10:17 AM in response to CristianT8328

The only way to remove activation lock is to use the credentials that were used to set the iPad up in the first place. You can request help from Apple but you need proof of purchase.

Read this first.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

At the very end of the article, you can start your request to get help from Apple.

If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

Mar 28, 2021 1:18 PM in response to CristianT8328

CristianT8328 wrote:

By credentials you mean email that's was originally made for the device,

Yes that is what I mean

I don't know how I could proof that I have purchased the device I don't have receipts or anything

Apple requires proof of purchase if you need their help.

I don’t know if this will do any good, but you can try to recover the Apple ID.

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

And the password as well.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Icloud lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.