Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures folder and Photos

I am trying to get all my photos in one place on my Mac. So I've transferred all my pics from 'Pictures' to 'Photos'. Can I now delete all the ones in 'Pictures' or will it delete them in Photos as well?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 10:07 AM

Hi

As long as you have the "copy items to photo library" checked in preferences, and you have imported the images, then yes you can delete the files from the folder, as they have been copied into the library. To be certain this works, delete them, then check they are still in photos before emptying the bin.

Then think about how you are creating backups 🙂

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 10:07 AM in response to suetlewis

Hi

As long as you have the "copy items to photo library" checked in preferences, and you have imported the images, then yes you can delete the files from the folder, as they have been copied into the library. To be certain this works, delete them, then check they are still in photos before emptying the bin.

Then think about how you are creating backups 🙂

Pictures folder and Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.