Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my computer to Catalina and I can no longer get to my photos in iPhoto. Is there an update for iPhoto i missed, or how do I get to my pictures.

I updated my computer to Catalina and I can no longer get to my photos in iPhoto. Is there an update for iPhoto i missed, or how do I get to my pictures.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 12:56 PM

iPhoto was discontinued and replaced by "Photos" in 2015. In Catalina, hold down the option key while opening the Photos app and it will give you the option to select your iPhotos library and it will convert it.

2 replies

Mar 28, 2021 3:00 PM in response to Apple3help

iPhoto was discontinued 5 years ago. It is no longer developed or sold. It was replaced by the more powerful (and free) Photos.app that comes with the OS. You can migrate to that app very simply:

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch Photos. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and point at your iPhoto Library. It will do the rest.

If you prefer not to use Photos there are several 3rd party apps that you can use. Which to choose depends on the kind of photographer you are and your budget.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.