Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notes

what do I have to do if the option to search for recently deleted notes tab does not appear in notes

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 2:55 PM

Hi josefromsimpsonville,

I see you've been looking for the Recently Deleted folder. This appears when you sync your notes with iCloud. If you don't sync your notes with iCloud, you won't see a Recently Deleted folder. If that's the case, you can try restoring your note via another method:

1. If you sync your notes with an email service, check to see if the note appears in the trash folder of that email account.
  2. If you back up your iPhone using iCloud or your computer, try restoring a backup that was created while the note was on the phone: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support. Since this will replace everything currently on your phone with only the info that was on it at the time the backup was created, I'd suggest making a new one before the restore, just to make sure you don't lose any new info: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

For more information and troubleshooting related to missing notes, check out If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 2:55 PM in response to josefromsimpsonville

Hi josefromsimpsonville,

I see you've been looking for the Recently Deleted folder. This appears when you sync your notes with iCloud. If you don't sync your notes with iCloud, you won't see a Recently Deleted folder. If that's the case, you can try restoring your note via another method:

1. If you sync your notes with an email service, check to see if the note appears in the trash folder of that email account.
  2. If you back up your iPhone using iCloud or your computer, try restoring a backup that was created while the note was on the phone: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support. Since this will replace everything currently on your phone with only the info that was on it at the time the backup was created, I'd suggest making a new one before the restore, just to make sure you don't lose any new info: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

For more information and troubleshooting related to missing notes, check out If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.