Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos 5.0 for Mac Catalina (10.15.7)

When undoing a retouch it removes all changes, not just the last one.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 1:57 AM

I can no longer test on Catalina, but on Big Sur, when I use ⌘Z to undo the last retouch, only the last one will be reverted, while clicking the curved back arrow at the Retouch tool will undo all retouching.

You cloud click the Done button after retouching and duplicate the photo to save the last retouching, before you add more. Then you can simply delete the most recent version, if you only want to remove the last retouches.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 1:57 AM in response to fitjar

I can no longer test on Catalina, but on Big Sur, when I use ⌘Z to undo the last retouch, only the last one will be reverted, while clicking the curved back arrow at the Retouch tool will undo all retouching.

You cloud click the Done button after retouching and duplicate the photo to save the last retouching, before you add more. Then you can simply delete the most recent version, if you only want to remove the last retouches.

Photos 5.0 for Mac Catalina (10.15.7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.