Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading a 2013 iMac from High Sierra to Catalina

Hi,

I have an iMac 27-inch, late 2013, currently running on High Sierra (10.13.6). I

understand that the latest OS an iMac of this vintage can run is Catalina (apparently late 2012 models should be capable of updating to Catalina). My updates has not given me an option to update my OS to either Mojave or Catalina. What should I do? Thanks.

Cheers,

Grant

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 2:40 AM

How to get old versions of macOS

The Apple Store on High Sierra is the usual place to find the UpGrade but since one has chosen to not upGrade when it was offered it has now become hidden on the Apple Store. The link above will bring you to an Apple page ( Use Safari asa Other may not work ) where you can download Catalina. The link will open a Redirect and Open the Apple Store to download Catalina.

Do a Time Machine Backup Before attempting.

Special NOTE : Catalina Does Not Support any Apps, Drivers or Extension that are 32 bit. Only 64 bit is supported and there is not workaround.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 2:40 AM in response to king of the south

How to get old versions of macOS

The Apple Store on High Sierra is the usual place to find the UpGrade but since one has chosen to not upGrade when it was offered it has now become hidden on the Apple Store. The link above will bring you to an Apple page ( Use Safari asa Other may not work ) where you can download Catalina. The link will open a Redirect and Open the Apple Store to download Catalina.

Do a Time Machine Backup Before attempting.

Special NOTE : Catalina Does Not Support any Apps, Drivers or Extension that are 32 bit. Only 64 bit is supported and there is not workaround.

Upgrading a 2013 iMac from High Sierra to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.