Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad restore

my ipad is disabled due to forgotten password. I have been trying to restore using itunes, but am having no luck or doing it improperly.

• I am able to sync into itunes using cable from phone to desktop
  • It asks to update or restore

-I varified i have the updated itunes. V12.

• What happens next is were i get lost, it wants me to select a file in documents? There is no file that it allows me to select and save?

Any help would be apprecated thank you

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 9:18 AM

Mvplumber wrote:

• my ipad is disabled due to forgotten password. I have been trying to restore using itunes, but am having no luck or doing it improperly.
I am able to sync into itunes using cable from phone to desktop
It asks to update or • restore
• -I varified i have the updated itunes. V12.
What happens next is were i get lost, it wants me to select a file in documents? There is no file that it allows me to select and save?

Follow steps here If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Mvplumber

Mvplumber wrote:

• my ipad is disabled due to forgotten password. I have been trying to restore using itunes, but am having no luck or doing it improperly.
I am able to sync into itunes using cable from phone to desktop
It asks to update or • restore
• -I varified i have the updated itunes. V12.
What happens next is were i get lost, it wants me to select a file in documents? There is no file that it allows me to select and save?

Follow steps here If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

ipad restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.