Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Region won't change!

Let me start off by saying that since August 2020 ive been slowly but steadily switching to iOS and I regret absolutely nothing! I purchased my iPhone 11 that month and its been incredible. For Christmas I got myself an Apple Watch Series 3 Nike Edition and I am privileged to have received a MacBook Air M1 2020 from my employer.

I lived in Berlin my whole life but in September 2020 I decided to move to Barcelona in order to gain some experience and since I bought my iPhone in Berlin in August my default region remains Germany. Following these steps, I attempted to change my region to Spain (because I am now a permanent resident):

• I have cancelled all my subscriptions and I let them expire (including my beloved Apple Music). There are currently no active subscriptions running in my App Store.
  • I have used all my App Store credit (was 0.00 to begin with)
  • I have a Spanish bank account ready to be implemented into my Account
  • I have no pre-orders

One extra thing to note is that on my iPhone it seemed to work (changing my region via Settings). I filled in my Bank details and changed my region to Spain. That was yesterday. However viewing my account on my Macbook my region remains "Germany" and it also remains darkened out (I can't edit the region)

Some other info I thought it might be connected to: I still have a German phone number, but can't imagine that that's the only reason I can't change my region? Other than that, I fill all the criteria mentioned above.

Any help is much appreciated.

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 7:26 AM

Very odd. The only thing I could imagine preventing the change is your region specific phone number. I would contact Apple for a better answer through their Support app on your iPhone. They might be able to give you a definite answer and assist you in changing this.

The Support app is a great and quick way to get a sure answer without waiting on hold for very long.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 7:26 AM in response to princejacombs

Very odd. The only thing I could imagine preventing the change is your region specific phone number. I would contact Apple for a better answer through their Support app on your iPhone. They might be able to give you a definite answer and assist you in changing this.

The Support app is a great and quick way to get a sure answer without waiting on hold for very long.

Apple ID Region won't change!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.