Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disconnecting an iCloud account from a device

I need to disconnect my iCloud account from my old iPhone. When I tap "Erase All Content and Settings", does it also disconnect my iCloud account from the iPhone?

iPhone 7

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 2:03 PM

Can you not go back to Settings?

Note that I have not tested this myself (so I could be wrong). as I have always done the steps in order as described in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can't do it on the phone, it may be removed. You could verify by using another device trying the "Unlock on the web" section of How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 2:03 PM in response to SmashedPotato

Can you not go back to Settings?

Note that I have not tested this myself (so I could be wrong). as I have always done the steps in order as described in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can't do it on the phone, it may be removed. You could verify by using another device trying the "Unlock on the web" section of How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

disconnecting an iCloud account from a device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.