Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Up Voicemail

I’ve had my iPhone XR for almost two years and have been trying to set up my voicemail since then. I’ve looked up how to many times, but my phone does now show a “set up now” button like the instructions imply. How do I set up my voicemail if there is no “set up” option available? Thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 2:33 PM

Visual voicemail is a carrier supported feature. You should contact them and verify that firstly they support that feature, and if they do, ensure that its enabled on your account. I had an issue when it was first rolled out with my carrier that they had to do some poking on the back end to get it to work correctly.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 2:33 PM in response to josiez1515

Visual voicemail is a carrier supported feature. You should contact them and verify that firstly they support that feature, and if they do, ensure that its enabled on your account. I had an issue when it was first rolled out with my carrier that they had to do some poking on the back end to get it to work correctly.

Mar 30, 2021 2:34 PM in response to josiez1515

josiez1515 wrote:

I’ve had my iPhone XR for almost two years and have been trying to set up my voicemail since then. I’ve looked up how to many times, but my phone does now show a “set up now” button like the instructions imply. How do I set up my voicemail if there is no “set up” option available? Thanks!
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ab3849a4-be07-408c-b504-979735e2bb07

You're line isn't provisioned by your phone carrier to use Visual Voicemail, call them to rectify the issue.

Set Up Voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.