Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

Is there a way to recover a deleted iMessage conversation? I tried to restore by selecting erase all content and settings. However, when my phone restarted the iMessage conversation did not populate and the last backup was days before it was deleted.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 5:53 PM

nay295 Said:

"iMessage: Is there a way to recover a deleted iMessage conversation? I tried to restore by selecting erase all content and settings. However, when my phone restarted the iMessage conversation did not populate and the last backup was days before it was deleted."

-------

Recovering these:

You erased the device, and without a backup containing these, then they are gone. If they are gone, then they are non-recoverable. There is nothing you can do about it. That's just the way it is :(

So, know to always backup your iPhone every so often. Consider the same for all of your other devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 5:53 PM in response to nay295

nay295 Said:

"iMessage: Is there a way to recover a deleted iMessage conversation? I tried to restore by selecting erase all content and settings. However, when my phone restarted the iMessage conversation did not populate and the last backup was days before it was deleted."

-------

Recovering these:

You erased the device, and without a backup containing these, then they are gone. If they are gone, then they are non-recoverable. There is nothing you can do about it. That's just the way it is :(

So, know to always backup your iPhone every so often. Consider the same for all of your other devices.

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.