Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I save all my passwords to one password?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:37 AM

Your frustration as to your difficulties is clear. If you are having difficulties with Passwords being saved and retrieved by your iPad, either something has not been configured correctly, or something is wrong. When we understand what is wrong, we can do something about it.

You mention using One Password; this is a third-party product. If you have encountered difficulties with a third-party App, you will need to seek assistance directly from the App Developer:

How to contact an app developer – Apple Support

Setting aside third-party products, your iPad has its own built-in Password Manager - known as Keychain. When configured correctly, it is very reliable and easy to use. Here are some helpful support pages that outline it’s setup and use. When used with Safari - and, for example, your banking Apps - it is very robust and effective.

Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

How to find saved passwords on your iPhone – Apple Support

Make your passwords available on all your devices with iPad and iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

I recommend that you review this material, ensuring that everything is set-up as it should be. Then, if you continue to experience difficulties, we can work through any problems with a view to resolving them. Please update your post with more information as needed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 1:37 AM in response to kennith208

Your frustration as to your difficulties is clear. If you are having difficulties with Passwords being saved and retrieved by your iPad, either something has not been configured correctly, or something is wrong. When we understand what is wrong, we can do something about it.

You mention using One Password; this is a third-party product. If you have encountered difficulties with a third-party App, you will need to seek assistance directly from the App Developer:

How to contact an app developer – Apple Support

Setting aside third-party products, your iPad has its own built-in Password Manager - known as Keychain. When configured correctly, it is very reliable and easy to use. Here are some helpful support pages that outline it’s setup and use. When used with Safari - and, for example, your banking Apps - it is very robust and effective.

Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

How to find saved passwords on your iPhone – Apple Support

Make your passwords available on all your devices with iPad and iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

I recommend that you review this material, ensuring that everything is set-up as it should be. Then, if you continue to experience difficulties, we can work through any problems with a view to resolving them. Please update your post with more information as needed.

Mar 30, 2021 11:27 PM in response to kennith208

I have so much anxiety when I even look at my iPad or iPhone anymore. I’m tired of all this password bullshit. It just puts me in a bad mood. And I lose about an hour or two over this matter. Have to change everyday. I even write them down. The devices never remember them. I don’t need this madness in my life. So I pretty much stay away from these devices and so far my day runs just fine. But I do need my iPad occasionally for my financial matters. But just to pay a few bills...just to get into my apps takes almost an hour. So I end up wasting a couple hours on a task that only took me 20 minutes by phone. Sorry that I didn’t take a computer class in school. But they didn’t have them in my hayday. We were lucky to have 6 word processors. So meanwhile I’m stuck with this password dilemma.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.