Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up two HomePods in the same house but different iTunes accounts.

I just purchased two HomePod minis for my wife and I. We are in the same house but we use different iTunes accounts. It seems like we have to use the same iTunes account to be able to use some of the features (i.e. intercom), is this true? Or is there a way to be on separate iTunes accounts?

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 2:32 PM

See: Set up multiple users on HomePod - Apple Support

• HomePod supports up to six users in a home. If you have more than six household users or guests in your home, they can still use Siri on HomePod to play music. The music will play from the primary user's account and that person's taste profile won't be affected. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 2:32 PM in response to UTgrizzly

See: Set up multiple users on HomePod - Apple Support

• HomePod supports up to six users in a home. If you have more than six household users or guests in your home, they can still use Siri on HomePod to play music. The music will play from the primary user's account and that person's taste profile won't be affected. 

Setting up two HomePods in the same house but different iTunes accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.