Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font missing from Pages after updating to Catalina

I recently updated my computer to Catalina and have just printed out a very long document in Pages and one of the main fonts I used (Mistral) is apparently not in the new Pages Catalina version. This missing font resulted in the whole 60 page document formatting being completely wrecked. The message indicated Mistral and another font CalisMTBol, were missing and as well listed three other fontss, Brandley Hand, Helvetica and Times New Roman, with no explanation. These three fonts are fine in the Catalina Pages program so I don't know why they listed them with this error message.

I did go back to the Pages program in my old computer and the Mistral font does not appear in their list of fonts, but it is finding it somewhere but I don't know where to look for it!! Is it possibly in some other program and if so, can I just copy it (if I find it!!) into somewhere on the new computer where Pages can find it?

Thank you.

Gayleen

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 12:15 PM

Mistral is not a font installed by Apple or by Pages. If you can find that font again, drag and drop it into your local fonts folder (/Users/yourname/Library/Fonts) to install it and have it appear on the Pages font menu. In Catalina and Big Sur, the operating system is on a read-only partition, and that defeats font installation outside of your home directory's Fonts folder.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 12:15 PM in response to gayleen7

Mistral is not a font installed by Apple or by Pages. If you can find that font again, drag and drop it into your local fonts folder (/Users/yourname/Library/Fonts) to install it and have it appear on the Pages font menu. In Catalina and Big Sur, the operating system is on a read-only partition, and that defeats font installation outside of your home directory's Fonts folder.

Font missing from Pages after updating to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.