Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My time is incorrect on startup *first boot up only*

Hi All,

When my Mac starts up for the first time each day or after a reboot, the time is wrong. However, once I log in, the time is then correct. My Date and time setting are set to auto (I've tried setting manual but still the same), and my regional settings are also correct.

Below is a picture of the incorrect time. I only took it a few minutes ago, but as you can, it should be UK time, not North America time.

https://imgur.com/a/3kpIH5B

I've contacted Apple support, but they were unable to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance for any support you can offer.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 6:44 AM

Hi, thanks for your support.

When I try and use the command on my M1 Mac, I get the following error message:-

nvram: Error clearing firmware variable fmm-computer-name: (iokit/common) not permitted

nvram: Error clearing firmware variable fmm-mobileme-token-FMM: (iokit/common) not permitted

nvram: Error clearing firmware variable fmm-mobileme-token-FMM-BridgeHasAccount: (iokit/common) not permitted

Have you seen this error before?

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 6:44 AM in response to HWTech

Hi, thanks for your support.

When I try and use the command on my M1 Mac, I get the following error message:-

nvram: Error clearing firmware variable fmm-computer-name: (iokit/common) not permitted

nvram: Error clearing firmware variable fmm-mobileme-token-FMM: (iokit/common) not permitted

nvram: Error clearing firmware variable fmm-mobileme-token-FMM-BridgeHasAccount: (iokit/common) not permitted

Have you seen this error before?

Apr 1, 2021 10:52 PM in response to Fancy-Pants1

Try a PRAM Reset if you have an Intel Mac (hold the PRAM Reset for at least three chimes or a full minute if possible to activate it several times although recent firmware updates unfortunately only allow it to activate one time).

Or use the following command to clear the NVRAM settings if you have an M1 Mac (also works with Intel Macs):

sudo  nvram  -c

You will need to press the "Return" key at the end of the line to execute the command. You will be prompted for your admin password, but you won't see the characters on screen. You need to press the "Return" key to submit the password. Restart the Mac so it boots with the reset NVRAM.

After rebooting the computer you will need to re-select the default Startup Disk in the Startup Disk System Preferences and you will need to reset the Date & Time as well. If this doesn't work, then you may want to delete the Date & Time .plist preference file and reboot again so it is recreated.

Edit: I don't know exactly where this preference file would be located and it may not be possible to delete it except when booted from Recovery Mode.

My time is incorrect on startup *first boot up only*

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.